At the Cabinet expansion of West Bengal yesterday, singer Babul Supriyo has taken oath as Tourism Minister of the state along with the portfolio of Information Technology and Electronics.
“I really have no idea about this coincidence (August 3). Yes, life has definitely come full circle. It was last year in August when I left (BJP), and today I am sworn in as a minister of the West Bengal government,” he said on Wednesday.
Supriyo is among the eight new faces in the Cabinet, who were sworn in at the Raj Bhavan. Sometime after he was dropped from the Union Cabinet during a reshuffle last year, Supriyo had announced that he was quitting politics but was later persuaded against resigning as a Lok Sabha member. However, the singer-turned-politician joined TMC in September.
“I will work hard for the development of the people of West Bengal. I will give everything whatever I have learnt from my earlier experiences as a central minister and make my second innings brighter,” he said
“I might have made some mistakes but I had given everything of mine (as the Central minister) since 2014. I believe I was ill-treated. Why can’t anyone from West Bengal be a full-time Union minister? I did not take it lying down,” he said.
- Sunflowers for Wishes, Amistad Tours & Dragon Boat Regatta
- North Dakota Capitol tours add virtual, self-guided options | Bismarck
- Montgomery County Farm Tours Series: Part Four
- RICOH360 Tours Releases Automatic Floor Plan Generator
- Summer winery tours: William Heritage Winery, Sharrott Winery and other wineries to try in New Jersey and Pennsylvania